Yoni massage is an ancient tantric practice that involves the gentle and pleasurable stimulation of the vulva and vagina. This mysterious practice has existed for more than 1200 years as a sexual aid, a form of pain management, and in post-natal care. Read on for more information on this sacred form of self care, and learn yoni massage stimulation tips to help you enjoy the power of the yoni more.
Content Warning: this article makes a brief reference to sexual trauma. If these topics are challenging for you, please proceed with caution.
Tantra refers to an ancient wellness philosophy that originated in India centuries ago. The building blocks of tantric practice and the tantric way of life evolved true Hinduism and Buddhism, two of the main spiritual practices in India at the time. Roughly translated from Sanskrit, Tantra means ‘woven web’ in English. This is an accurate and beautiful analogy to how Tantra examines how people are connected to themselves and to the divine.
Tantra is about more than sex
Oftentimes, Tantra brings to mind thoughts of intense or indefinitely long orgasms or Kamasutra-type sex positions. Tantra does put focus on intimacy and sexual connection but it can be practiced more broadly as well. When Tantra was first conceived of it was a whole lifestyle that included abstaining from alcohol and drugs, vegetarianism, anti-violence and equality. These days, people tend to focus on the holistic sexual practices and sexual meditation of tantra.
Yonis are made to be massaged
Tantric yoni massage is a form of erotic massage focussed on stimulating the vulva and vagina for a number of therapeutic purposes. The term Yoni refers to the female reproductive system, particularly the vulva and vagina. In some contexts the term also encompasses the ovaries and uterus but more commonly not.
Yoni massage usually includes:
- deep breathing exercises to relax the body and open the mind
- plenty of massage oil for lubrication
- massage around the vulva, on the vulva itself, as well as penetrating the vagina
- gentle and intentional touch
- G-spot stimulation (climax optional)
- clitoral stimulation (climax optional)
It’s okay to have a Yoni Massage simply because it feels good, but there are other legitimate reasons to seek out this sexy self-care. Yoni massages are an incredible way to resolve a number of sexual goals, priorities, and stumbling blocks. The massage itself will feel incredible, but Yoni massages not only provide satisfaction in the moment, the benefits are ongoing. Yoni massage can benefit its recipient in so many ways:
- Learn how to orgasm!
- Chronic pain management for issues like menstrual cramps and lower back pain which can be alleviated through Yoni massage
- Enrich the sexual pleasure you experience through mind/body awareness
- Help with vaginismus, endometriosis, etc. These conditions make penetration and pleasure challenging but Yoni massage can help
- Giving birth may be beautiful and natural, but it is also incredibly traumatic to the body. Yoni massage can help speed physical recovery in postnatal care as well as re-establishing a sense of personal sexuality after childbirth.
- Science has confirmed that trauma can be trapped in the body and can manifest itself as a variety of chronic conditions. Acknowledging and working through that trauma can be supported through Yoni massage, especially if the trauma is sexual in nature.
Whether you give yourself a yoni massage, your partner does it, or you visit a professional, it can be a gratifying and beautiful experience.
Tip 1: Explore your body with intention
Many people don’t think of self-love as part of the tantric way of life but it’s important that we take time to ourselves with our own bodies. Make time to discover what pleasure means for you alone so you can truly articulate your desires to a partner. Yoni massages are often done between lovers, but don’t let that hold you back from taking a tantric approach to self gratification.
Yoni masturbation is about the journey, not just the destination. The focus and intention of yoni massage will help you become:
- Aware of your own needs
- Comfortable with your desires
- More at peace with your yoni, your body, and yourself
Tip 2: Explore your body and mind, mindfully
Masturbating because you’re horny, and engaging in self-administered Yoni massage, are completely different. One is haphazard and the other is done with intention. The big goals of tantric therapy are improving intimacy and communication, but this intimacy and communication can be with other people or with your spiritual centre/ God. It can also be intimacy and communication with yourself.
True self-acceptance includes the understanding and acknowledgement of ones sexuality and sexual self. Self-stimulation is a tried-and-true way to learn your body’s pleasure processes and learn how to articulate your needs more clearly, so slow down and enjoy yourself.
Tip 3: Breathe your way to more pleasure and better orgasms
Deep breathing, or “belly breaths”, will awaken your body and mind by flooding your system with oxygen, and opening up your lungs. Focused breathing immediately makes your senses more alert, and pleasure more intense. It will also release tension and relax your body, which promotes circulation, a necessary part of arousal.
How to “Belly Breathe”
- Inhale: Draw a breath in smoothly through your nose, silently, steadily, counting to four. Let your chest open and fill with air, but don’t hunch your shoulders up.
- Hold: Keep that breath in your chest and silently count to seven. The first time you may not make it to seven and that’s okay. As you repeat the pattern it will become easier.
- Exhale: Let your breath out through your mouth as you count to eight. Use the whole time and push all the breath out of your chest, steadily.
Did you know?
Belly Breaths are a technique that you can use in all areas of life, not just tantra. They work well in situations where you need to quickly bring focus to your body’s sensations or to focus your thoughts. You can do this technique alone, or with a partner. If you are deep breathing with someone, sit opposite one another and maintain eye contact as you synchronise your breathing. If you are alone, closing your eyes as you centre yourself may be more comfortable.
Tip 4: Add oil or lube to your Yoni Massage
The self-lubrication of the vulva is fantastic, but it’s a limited resource. Adding lube or oil makes yoni exploration more comfortable, more efficient, and more satisfying. Adding massage oil or lube to yoni masturbation can be especially helpful if you are into edging and prolonging your pleasure. A good quality lube or massage oil will allow you to play for longer, more comfortably and reduce irritation of your vulva and vagina.
Tip 5: Re-contextualize your orgasm
If you want to change the way you orgasm, you need to think differently about it. Let go of the idea that an orgasm is something you do to appease others or a means to an end. Learn to embrace the journey and not just the destination.
Yoni massage can help women improve the likelihood, consistency, and intensity of orgasms. It is also a common tool for achieving multiple orgasms! Physical, mental, and emotional healing can be yours through Yoni Massage. Think of Yoni massage as a gentle and therapeutic way to repair your relationship with your vagina, re-establish your sexual needs, and change your outlook on your body and pleasure.
An astonishing number of adult women have never experienced orgasm or cannot orgasm regularly. For many women, Yoni massage is how they learn to orgasm. Most women have the physical capacity to orgasm but have not been in a situation that was conducive to orgasm. Yoni massage can be an effective method for discovering and improving orgasms.
Are you Team DIY or will you try a professional Yoni Massage?
If you are embarking on a journey of sexual wellness and understanding, a pro Yoni massage may be a good addition to your plan. DIY versions can be sexy and satisfying but if you are looking to do energy release work, we recommend seeing a professional.
If you’ve never experienced Yoni massage, set the standard by getting a professional Yoni massage with Tantric London. Once you’ve had a professional Yoni massage, a DIY one at home will be less daunting as well as more productive. We want you to be successful and feel good!
What are you waiting for?
If you are a London local, or you happen to be in town, give us a call and experience a world-class Yoni massage with one of our lovely masseuses. Not only will you feel like an absolute Queen, you will be the recipient of all the above benefits and opportunities for self-knowledge from your Yoni massage .
Whether you approach a Yoni massage as a sexual service or as a form of therapy, they have the potential to deliver incredible amounts of pleasure and release, both physical and emotional. Don’t you deserve this level of pleasure and freedom? Call us now and book your session! You will not regret it!
- What is it Like To Have a Yoni Massage?
- What is Tantric Yoni Massage?
- Can You Give Yourself a Yoni Massage?
- Beginners Guide to Yoni Massage
- Are You Shy About Trying Yoni Massage?